Monday, January 10, 2011

Good Idea #0 : The Good Idea Book

What is the Good Idea Book?


Well, a while ago, two people had a really good idea:

Make a book filled with good ideas and share them, for people to try out.

So after a while of trying to figure out how to make this an actual book, without any money to start it with, we started the Good Idea Book blog.

What we will be publishing:

* Good ideas that we think are really good that get sent to us
* Good ideas that we think are really good, that we make up
* Photos or videos of the results of people putting a good idea into practice.

All of the good ideas published here are open source, and meant as projects for you to try out.

So stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Hi. It's 2013 now, and I just found this blog...

    In 2011 we both started an online collection of ideas called "The Good Idea Book." I started one on Facebook, and you started one here. They both had the same mission in mind... share ideas freely so that some of them might actually grow legs and walk around on their own. They both were fairly short lived (well I guess they are both still here, but sitting in a dusty corner of cyberspace, each of them).

    http://www.facebook.com/groups/120232284736442/

    We are also both in Portland, Maine! Interesting. Fascinating, really. Anyhow, I'm working on creating a platform for one of my most compelling Good Ideas, and I'm going to try to work in your public greenhouse concept. It is a great one. People discouraged me from posting free good ideas on the internet, because they worried that they might get stolen. My response was that no one can steal anything from me that I'm willing to share, and also that I wasn't doing anything with 99% of my good ideas, so it would be GREAT if someone stole (adopted) them, and gave them a good life.

    Anyhow, great! Get in touch if you care to. My email is greghofmann@gmail.com

    Keep thinking up good ideas!

    ReplyDelete